Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sour Cream Chicken Enchinachos


This is hardly a recipe. More like something I used to nosh on when it was "Enchilada Thursday" at the Goldrush. Most of the time I would sneak in the kitchen it was so busy I could only get to a few things... on Enchilada Thursdays the sauces and everything were ready made and I could quickly get to them, load up a little plate, and get out of way. I always looked forward to the Sour Cream Enchiladas because the chicken and green sauce made the best nachos.


Sour Cream Chicken Enchinachos
(printable recipe)

tortilla chips
shredded chicken
sour cream sauce
green enchilada sauce
monterrey jack cheese, shredded
pickled jalapeños

Spread out a few tortilla chips on a plate. I used these Spiced Tortilla Chips since that's what I had on hand. Top each chip with chicken, then sour cream sauce, green sauce, cheese, and a jalapeño slice. Stick the plate under the broiler or in the microwave to melt the cheese. Serve with fresh guacamole.

Sour Cream Chicken Enchinachos make a great appetizer or midnight snack. I often find myself making these out of the leftover enchilada components. Its the perfect way to get all the flavors of the full size enchilada in a finger food, enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment