Thursday, August 5, 2010

Killer Marinated Tomatoes


I spotted these marinated tomatoes from ButterYum a few weeks back and knew I had to make them. I love tomatoes, my mom once told me that I used to eat 'em like apples when I was a kid! I can't imagine what a mess that was.

The marinade is a simple blend of herbs, spices, vinegar and oil, but it packs a real punch. These marinated tomatoes are delicious as is or served over a bed of fresh spinach with some parmesan for a quick salad.

Killer Marinated Tomatoes
(printable recipe)
via Butter Yum

6 large tomatoes, cut into wedges (or equal amount halved, cherry, grape, or pear tomatoes)
3 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
1 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt (I used Lawry's)
1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
3/4 tsp. dried thyme
3/4 c canola oil
1/2 c red wine vinegar
3 scallions, sliced thin

Whisk everything but the tomatoes wedges together in a bowl. Add the tomatoes and stir to coat. Marinate at room temperature for at least 2 hours, stirring every now and then.


This is a great dish for potlucks as these are best eaten at room temperature on the day they are made.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting a link to my blog. I'm glad you liked to tomatoes - they're a real family favorite around here. As a matter of fact, I just purchased the most amazing farmer's market tomatoes today, and I plan to use them to make another batch of this recipe!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete