Monday, August 9, 2010

Berry Lemonade


I'm always looking for ways to use my stockpile of jams and preserves, there's only so much toast a girl can eat right?
Last week I was craving tart sweet lemonade, but wanted something with a bit of a twist. Just a spoonful of jam in each glass creates a custom flavor that is sure to please.

Berry Lemonade
(printable recipe)

juice of 4 lemons
1/2 c sugar, or to taste
1 quart of water
assorted berry flavor jams

Juice lemons and run through a fine mesh sieve to remove any seeds. Add sugar and water and stir to combine. Chill completely. To serve put 1 tbsp. jam into each glass (I used raspberry and blackberry). Fill with ice and pour lemonade over the top. Add a swizzle stick for stirring and a lemon slice to garnish.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great. I did a post a while back about blueberry lemonade - amazing stuff!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making lots of pear nectar lately, which is really just lemonade with pear puree that's been sieved. It is soooo yummy, I've made about 15 jars and stuck 'em in the freezer. I love your idea of adding a dollop of jam to lemonade. Sounde delicious.

    ReplyDelete